1. OBJECTIVE OF THE INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE
The objective of this notice is to explain how we as the company obtain, use and disclose your personal information, in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013. We are sensitive to privacy issues and recognizes the importance of safeguarding all information we receive from you. We are committed to protecting your privacy and to ensure that your personal information is collected and used properly, lawfully, and transparently. At Kamboo Marketing (Pty) Ltd we will ensure that all personal information is treated in accordance with the applicable data privacy legislation.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION AS DEFINED BY THE POPI ACT
Personal information includes any information that lets us identify you, such as your name/s, surname, physical address, contact details and/or passport/identity number. Personal information also refers to the personal information that uniquely identifies a legal entity, such as the trading name of a company and the registration number of the company. In terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013 personal information is being defined as follow:
“Means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person, including, but not limited to –
(a) information relating to the race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, national, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health, well-being, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth of the person;
(b) information relating to the education or the medical, financial, criminal or employment history of the person;
(c) any identifying number, symbol, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, location information, online identifier or other particular assignment to the person;
(d) the biometric information of the person;
(e) the personal opinions, views or preferences of the person;
(f) correspondence sent by the person that is implicitly or explicitly of a private or confidential nature or further correspondence that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence;
(g) the views or opinions of another individual about the person; and
(h) the name of the person if it appears with other personal information relating to the person or if the disclosure of the name itself would reveal information about the person”.
3. 8 (EIGHT) INFORMATION PROCESSING PRINCIPLES
The Protection of Personal Information Act, prescribes eight information processing principles which are summarized below.
– Accountability: we will ensure that the information processing principles are complied with.
– Process Limitation: your personal information will be processed lawfully and in a reasonable manner. We shall ensure that your personal information will only be processed for lawful purposes and we will develop and implement policies, procedures and controls to ensure compliance.
– Purpose Specification: your personal information shall only be obtained and processed for specific lawful purposes. We will ensure that your personal information will only be obtained and processed in accordance with the intended purpose it was obtained and provided for.
– Further Processing Limitation: your personal information shall be retained and processed for no longer than is necessary for the purpose/s for which it was collected unless further retention and processing is required by other legislation.
– Information Quality: the personal information must be complete, accurate, not misleading and kept up to date.
– Openness: we undertake to be open and transparent and notify you as and when required by law regarding why and how your Personal Information needs to be collected.
– Security Safeguards: we undertake to safeguard your personal information that is in our possession.
– Data Subject Participation: we undertake to confirm, free of charge, whether or not we hold personal information about you as well as the description of the personal information held.
4. ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Kamboo Marketing (Pty) Ltd is a private company, rendering services and products to all our customers in the printing and packaging industries.
5. THE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
We need to collect and process your personal information to contact you for the purposes of understanding your requirements, and delivering services and products accordingly, to respond to any enquiries and/or queries, for operational purposes as well as recruitment and employment purposes. We will only collect and process your personal information for the reason you provided it to us, or to enable us to comply with the requirements of specific laws that we are governed by; or to comply with any regulations, directives, judgments or court orders, government sanctions or embargoes, reporting requirements, and demands of any authority, regulator, tribunal or enforcement agency. We and the companies providing services to you may use “cookies” on our and their websites. They enable us and them to improve your future visits to our site as well as provide you with a more user-friendly experience.
6. HOW WE INTEND TO USE YOUR INFORMATION
We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected for and agreed with you. In addition, where necessary your information may be retained for legal and research purposes.
a) To gather contact information;
b) To confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorized user for security purposes;
c) For the detection and prevention of fraud, crime, money laundering or other malpractice;
d) To conduct market or customer satisfaction research or for statistical analysis;
e) For audit and record keeping purposes;
f) In connection with legal proceedings.
7. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers who are involved in the delivery of products or services to you. We have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with the privacy requirements as required by the Protection of Personal Information Act. We may need to share your personal information and/or utilize software or online platforms to enter and process your information for an application or business management purposes. This will be done in strict adherence to the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act.
We may disclose your information:
a) Where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of legislation, law or industry codes;
b) Where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights.
8. INFORMATION SECURITY
We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold and to stop unauthorized access and use of personal information. We confirm, that we will on an on-going basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information remains secure.
Our policies and procedures cover:
a) Physical security;
b) Computer and network security;
c) Access to personal information;
d) Secure communications;
e) Security in contracting out activities or functions;
f) Retention and disposal of information;
g) Acceptable usage of personal information;
h) Monitoring access and usage of private information;
i) Investigating and reacting to security incidents;
j) Governance and regulatory issues.
When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that personal information that we remain responsible for, is kept secure. We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your personal information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as we are obliged to. By providing us with your Personal Information, you agree to this Privacy notice and authorize us to process such information and you authorize us and associated entities or third parties (where applicable) for the purposes set out herein.
9. AS THE DATA SUBJECT, YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING RIGHTS
– The right to be informed what personal information is held and processed by us, to do this, kindly contact us at the numbers/addresses as provided and specify what information you require. We will need a copy of your Identity document to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information;
– The right to dispute and or object to the retention and/or processing of the personal information.
– The right to request that we update, correct, or delete your personal information. We will need a copy of your Identity document to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information. It would be appreciated if you would keep your personal information accurate.
– The right to lodge complaints with the Information Regulator. The information regulator can be contacted as shared below:
Tel: (012) 406 4818
10. CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We reserve the right to change this Information Privacy Notice at any time. All changes to this notice will be posted on the website. Unless otherwise stated, the current version shall supersede and replace all previous versions of this statement.
11. HOW TO CONTACT US AND OUR DISPUTE PROCESS
If you wish to complain about the way we have processed your personal information, or how your complaint has been handled, please contact us by sending an email to our Information Officer – email@example.com. If you have any queries about this notice, you need further information about our privacy practices, wish to withdraw consent, exercise preferences or access or correct your personal information, please contact us as the number/addresses listed on our website.
Please feel free to contact us first to discuss any questions or concerns you may have:
Information Officer: Jana van der Merwe
Tel: (021) 981 0740
Let's discuss your requirements
We're ready to start your next project.